There are roughly three types of inverters for electric motors.
● Common function type. The basic v/f frequency conversion speed control function can meet the general application of low precision and torque control performance requirements.
● High-functional type. V/f frequency conversion speed control with torque control function and constant torque load of hoisting machine are commonly used.
● Vector control or direct torque control type. For high performance applications requiring high dynamic performance, such as rolling and papermaking, vector control inverters must be used.
Application of frequency converter
In the era when frequency converter technology is not yet mature, high-performance applications of fans and pumps are mostly equipped with variable-speed, multi-speed, three-phase asynchronous motors. However, due to stepped speed regulation, a wide range of smooth speed regulation cannot be achieved. Not on performance optimization. Nowadays, the application of frequency converters is very common. The frequency-variable motors that are specially used for load of fans and pumps are designed and optimized, and the electrical performance such as the efficiency of the whole speed range and power factor can be maintained at a high level.
Fans, Pumps, etc. Load or Output Regulation Trips
● Traditional adjustment methods. By adjusting the inlet or outlet baffle and valve opening to adjust the amount of air supply and water supply, its input power is large, and a large amount of energy is consumed in the closure process of baffles and valves.
● Variable speed multi-speed three-phase asynchronous motor stepless speed regulation. When operating at full load, the variable speed multi-speed three-phase asynchronous motor runs at high speed; when the air flow or the water supply volume needs to be adjusted, the motor is converted to medium or low speed operation, and the input power is greatly reduced, achieving extremely significant energy saving effects.
● Variable speed three-phase asynchronous motor stepless speed regulation. When using variable frequency speed regulation, if the flow requirements are reduced, the requirements can be met by reducing the pump or fan speed. Usually, the dedicated variable frequency motor of this application has the optimized performance index within the wide speed range, and the ratio “flow/energy consumption” always maintains a high level.